Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to fitness and wellness for all stages of life. Feel free to browse, offer suggestions, ask questions and be a part of the health and wellness movement.

search

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Motivation: The Olympics!

Hello All,

Posting just in time to give you some summer motivation by way of the Olympics.

I was moved to see Gabby Douglas vault that horse so flawlessly and perform a very upbeat and happy floor routine that was equally flawless.  Not to omit her extraordinary teammates Wieber and Raisman who also performed an amazing floor routine that ensured the US Gymnastics Womens' Team the Gold Medal.

As of late I've been a bit of an Olympic nerd: From scooting in my seat during the Track and Field trials. Go Allyson Felix and Carmilita Jeter;  to reviewing YouTube video's of past performances and sitting up until 1am to watch Mike Phelps make history as the most decorated Olympian to date.  

That being said and observed, my response was to hit the pavement after work to build more muscle and burn some calories.  I've run a minimum of 3 miles on light days and a maximum of 5 miles on my more aggressive days.  Assisted by hand weights for an extra burn.  In the mornings my aim is to wake up ready to challenge myself with a good hour of strength and endurance training with the kettlebells.  I'm rather addicted to the kettlebells these days. For some reason I've never felt stronger or more in control of my own destiny. Sounds a little corny, but you get the idea.

Perhaps it's the jolt I get from watching the finest of athletes achieve their life long dream.  Or the fact that they're all ripped and that's what I aspire to be daily.  Oh the agony!  Either way I'm motivated to set new goals, achieve new heights and build a stronger body.

So what motivates you to become your personal best?

No comments:

Post a Comment